Thursday, July 6, 2006

Mall Adventures


Today I got the best workout of my life. Doing what, you ask? Physically carrying my daughter around the mall for two and a half hours. I think that was God's intended get in shape program for new mothers.

Of course, spending that much time alone at the mall with the baby, the inevitable happened. I had to pee. After doing the potty dance in front of the Sears restroom for 15 minutes, I finally got enough courage to go in. And I can now say I have successfully mastered the art of going to the bathroom one-handed. Now there is a talent I never thought I'd actually need.

Refreshed, Bethany and I took a rest at a nearby fountain, watching a constant rotation of impatient old men waiting for their wives to finally emerge from Kaufmann's. There must be some kind of old man repellent in that store.

Of course, before we were able to leave, my little baby girl got hungry. And I had a truly "eureka" moment and headed for the closest fitting room. What a great idea - so nice and private. I wonder if anyone's thought of that before. (Most likely, but let me bask in my brilliance just this once.)

1 comment:

Matthew said...

cutest baby ever!