Thursday, October 19, 2006

Half-Birthday

6 months ago, this very moment, I was alone in my hospital room holding the most beautiful baby girl in the whole world. Most likely, she was unwrapped (against the nurse's wishes), and curled up into my chest. That first day I couldn't stop staring at her, inspecting every little inch of her. She was perfect... the little feet that were driving me crazy a day before, kicking me in the ribs, were now in my hands. Those poor tiny feet had band aids on them, and a security tag was wrapped tightly around her ankle. We spent that night together, getting acquainted, bonding, and preparing ourselves for the next 18+ years of living together. I love you, Bethany.

(PS. Bethany now weighs 14lbs, 12 ozs, and is 26 inches! The doctor says she already has some developmental traits of a 9 month old. What a smart baby!)

No comments: